Community Forums

Thread: SdFeatureDialog woes

dsalonius Guest

SdFeatureDialog woes

I'm calling SdFeatureDialog during my installation to let the user choose what features to install. Unfortunately, if the user chooses to change the destination path to a different drive letter, the INSTALLDIR property is not updated at that time. The dialog box uses drive C as the choice for determining if there is enough disk space, and if there is not - it won't let you go past.

To clarify:

current path: c:\

Space Required 100000kb
    Space Available 50000kb

The user selects Drive Space, and chooses Drive D: - the screens says:

current path: d:\

Space Required 0kb
    Space Available 2000000kb

If I set INSTALLDIR to svDir after the function is called, and the user clicks Back - when they return to the dialog, the new drive's (D:) space is reflected.

So it seems that when the user chooses a path in the SdFeatureDialog, the path is not used in the space calculations within that screen - what gives? I found a user who reported this behavior back in February but with no response.

Thanks in advance for any help,

David Salonius
    Well Control School

csgollapudi Guest
    I have the same problem with devStudio9.0. I saw a kb article saying it is fixed in developer8.0 and abaove but apprently is not fixed I guess!.
    I an using an istall scipt project.

I encountered the same issue but with Installshield 2012. Were you able to find a resolution to your problem?