Community Forums

Thread: Internal Error 2803. NoDialog

Question Internal Error 2803. NoDialog

Hi,

I created a basic MSI project that installs a driver for an application. I removed the License Agreement Dialog from User Interface \ Dialogs, and it came up with the error message everytime I ran the setup.

Does anyone have any idea of how to get it fix please?

Thanks,
    Yellowmm
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Harshini Guest
    Hello,

I believe that you are simply deleting the dialog from the User Interface->Dialogs view? If so, the dialogs that point to the license agreement (namely, InstallWelcome->Next and CustomerInformation->Back) still look for it and then error out as it is not found.

* The correct way to remove an existing dialog is to reset the Next/Back buttons of the sorrounding dialogs (in this case InstallWelcome and CustomerInformation) to point around the LicenseAgreement.

The user interface is a chain and the dialogs are nodes; the buttons are the pointers. Simply reset the pointers to skip the one node.

I hope this helps!

Smile

Hi Harshini,

Great, that works. Thanks!
    One more question, Is there any way to recover the deleted dialog? In my case, it is the LicenseAgreement dialog.

Thanks,
    Yellowmm

TheDux Guest

Replacing dialog and a further question

You can put a dialog back by exporting it from another package (you can start a basic package simply to then export the dialog if you want) and then importing it in your main package.

QUESTION: How do you reset the pointers on the surrounding dialogs? I have exactly the same problem (well the person sitting next to me has anyway) and can't find where to rest the node pinters to skip the dialog.

If you edit the dialog behaviour (Dialogs -> <Dialog Name> -> Behaviour), you'll get a list of the controls on the page. This will include the Next and Back buttons on the dialog. Select each of those in turn, and edit the argument to the "NewDialog" event for each of them so that it points to the dialog you want the button to open.