Community Forums

Thread: CopyFile Error

Terry R Guest

Question CopyFile Error

I'm having a problem using the CopyFile Product Bean.

I've setup the following options:
    Source: $P(absolutInstallLocation)/log.xsl
    Target: $W(sysinfopanel.SharedDirName)/logs

I watch the directory as the files are being installed and the log.xsl file is copied to the install root directory. The directory referenced by $W(sysinfopanel.SharedDirName) is already created at the time this bean runs.

Any ideas why there would be a problem here? Thanks.

When installing, I get the following error report:

(Mar 13, 2003 4:22:47 PM), Setup.product.install, com.installshield.product.actions.CopyFile, err, An error occurred and product installation failed. Look at the log file C:\Program Files\KANA\ResponseApplicationServer\KanaResponseInstallLog.txt for details.
    (Mar 13, 2003 4:22:47 PM), Setup.product.install, com.installshield.product.actions.CopyFile, err, ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [\log.xsl is an existing file])
    STACK_TRACE: 12
    ProductException: (error code = 601; message="err"; additional data = [\log.xsl is an existing file])
    at com.installshield.product.actions.CopyFile.install(CopyFile.java:42)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl.installProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:1916)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.getResultForProductAction(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:5149)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitComponent(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:369)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitInstallableComponents(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:333)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.InstallableObjectVisitor.visitProductBeans(InstallableObjectVisitor.java:133)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$InstallProduct.install(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:4532)
    at com.installshield.product.service.product.PureJavaProductServiceImpl$Installer.execute(PureJavaProductServiceImpl.java:3727)
    at com.installshield.wizard.service.AsynchronousOperation.run(AsynchronousOperation.java:40)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)

Jeff Dillon Guest
    In...

$P(absolutInstallLocation)/log.xsl

You are missing an "e" in "absolute".

Also, fyi, source and target can be specified with paths that are relative to the components install location, so you don't need $P(absoluteInstallLocation)

I am going to log a bug about the incorrect error message. The message should have said...

[\log.xsl is *not* an existing file])

Terry R Guest
    Thanks.

Sometimes it just needs another pair of eyes to look at the code.

--Terry