Community Forums

Thread: Remove Button not enabled

vbwizz Guest

Angry Remove Button not enabled

Built new project rather than using any ugrade path from ISX 2.13. Selected the NO option to Disable Remove Button in the General Information Section.

Built under Win2000 Professional, Installed on Win 2000 Prof Server. Even after rebooting the Control Panel AddRemovePrograms function has never enabled the Remove button when the Application has been selected from the list.

I only have the one example and I have had to manually search and remove registry settings to get the program to reinstall so something might be messed up now. Any help appreciated.

1. Does the Add/Remove Programs (ARP) at least show the "Change" button?
    2. Can you uninstall after selecting the "Change" button?
    3. What are the setting you set (in General Information View) for the other two ARP buttons?
    4. How many features do you have in your setup?
    5. Do you install any files with your setup (or just reg entires, ini etc)?
    Chandima Rajakaruna
    Macrovision Corporation

vbwizz Guest

Smile

Thanks for the quick reply. I discovered that if you don't register the exe you are installing, you can't uninstall it later. I had left the default set to None where I should have requested the application exe be registered in the files view/properties. The install now immediately prompts to Change/Modify/Remove the previous install and, the Remove button is now enabled.