PDA

View Full Version : Application/transform won't install

KevR123
07-31-2002, 03:31 AM
Hi,

I have created a transform for an application, the application/transform installs fine on most machines but there are one or two machines that it fails on, I get the message which says 'Installation fialure, check that paths are valid'.

The only difference I can find between the machines it the version of msiexec, the transform will not install on machines with msiexec version 1.11 while it will install on machines with version 2.00.

I am using the ReserveCost table in the transforms, does anybody know if this is the problem? could it be that older versions of msiexec do not support this table? any ideas?

I know this is not exactly an InstallShield question but I would apreciate any help you could give, or point me in the direction of documentation on Msiexec.

Thanks,
Kev

KevR123
07-31-2002, 09:15 AM
Well in case anyone is interested it looks like the problem is related to the two versions of misexec. If I remove the entry in the ReserveCost table the application will install.

There is no mention of this in the SDK, they don't list ReserveCost as a new table in version 1.2 or 2.0.

Thanks anyway,
Kev