PDA

View Full Version : Conditioned icon doesn't display upon dialog panel

-omman-
07-30-2002, 02:51 PM
Hi,

I would like to put an exclamation icon and some text on on the SetupCompleteError dialog if a user chooses an unsupported Windows platform.

Unfortunately, the text displays fine, but the icon does not - the conditions are the same for both, but I've never seemed to have much luck with icons ... is there something special I have to do?

I have a white bitmap image in the background of the dialog. I have tried right-clicking on the icon and selecting "Bring to Front" in the dialog editor, that doesn't seem to make a difference either.

Any tips/suggestions would be appreciated!

omman

-omman-
08-23-2002, 02:49 PM
I was going to ask this question and realize I already stated a month ago and it didn't garner a response. Most of my queries are getting lonesome without any responses, so i have to double back and respond to them myself. :rolleyes:

Bumping it up again, hoping someone would have experienced this before and have some suggestions? :confused:

omman

RobertDickau
08-23-2002, 04:01 PM
I haven't tried it, but you might try setting the Tab Stop property to True for your bitmap; about which see, for example, KB (http://support.installshield.com/kb) articles Q106604 and Q104915.

-omman-
08-23-2002, 04:27 PM
To shamelessly borrow someone else's phrase:

"Holy.

****."

Thanks a bunch, Robert! After all the myriad stack of problems (and some resolutions), I guess this age-old one slipped my mind. Running out of memory registers ... brain needs more RAM ...