PDA

View Full Version : Want TARGETDIR to be same as INSTALLDIR

sebgre
07-30-2002, 10:25 AM
Another Problem accours trying to include my own merge module in my main project.

Problem, my module is installed anywhere on my computer but not where i want it to be installed. So i need to set the TARGETDIR to the same path as my INSTALLDIR.

I tryed everything like MsiSetTargetPath and Directory Table... If someone has an idea how to fix this problem please write an short message

tetris
07-30-2002, 10:31 AM
In the merge module view right-click on the merge module you want to include and select properties and set the destination to the directory you want it to be installed (INSTALLDIR is included in that drop-down)...

hope this helped

sebgre
07-31-2002, 01:07 AM
Thank for your reply, but this does not work.

the problem is my Targetdir in the MergeModule. On each computer the targetdir could be different. if i put the merge modules destination to installdir (in my main-projekt) the module is not installed to installdir but to the Targetdir. The Targetdir could be everything and i must set the targetdir same to the installdir.

any idea?

Originally posted by tetris
In the merge module view right-click on the merge module you want to include and select properties and set the destination to the directory you want it to be installed (INSTALLDIR is included in that drop-down)...

hope this helped :confused:

tetris
07-31-2002, 02:09 AM
I have the same settings as you have: Merge Module's INSTALLDIR set to [TARGETDIR] and i did the same as I had suggested you to do, and the merge module's files get installed to the directory i set in the main project...

Sorry, but I have no more ideas to help you...