PDA

View Full Version : Package already installed and MSI don't want to update

Flash Koti
07-30-2002, 09:30 AM
Sorry for the topic, I didn't sure it reflects what I want.

When a old package is already installer, the msi installer detect it and propose three option. Modify, repair and remove (I don't want to use this one :eek: , some file may be changed by the user).

both the first and the secund option didn't update the file :( . In my new package only few files are updated.

So why MSI don't copy this file or how I can resolve my problem ?

Thank for your help

Flash
Sorry for my english.
:rolleyes:

Chandima
07-30-2002, 09:53 AM
Are you running the same setup twice? If so this is a limitation of the Windows Installer. If you want a setup to update files the recomended wayt would be to use the Upgrade Paths view to perform a major upgrade. This will uninstall the entire previous version and then install the second version.

Flash Koti
07-31-2002, 01:27 AM
of course I don't run the setup twice but it 's the same package with some files updated.

What is upgrade path view ? If it does the job in once it could be interrested othervise MSI do that perfectly (Setup launch : there is a previous installed, do you want to remove it ? Yes. Resetup do you want to install ? yes :rolleyes: )

Can I choose which files will be installed (in the case of a previous install of course) ?

Thanks

Flash Koti