PDA

View Full Version : noob question about rollback and custom actions

Clement
07-30-2002, 08:19 AM
hi
I just don't know how to tell IS that the new custom action I created is intented only for rollback (and uninstall)...
thx for your help :)

Peerke
07-30-2002, 10:16 AM
You can set a condition for every custom action. (Not Installed for example)

You can set these conditions in the sequences.

Clement
07-30-2002, 11:06 AM
Thx
So, to what I understand I have to put "Not Installed" in the field Condition, and the CA will execute only when my product is installing, right?
And what do I have to put for rollback and uninstall?

Clement
07-31-2002, 07:26 AM
Let me reformulate my question.
What do I have to put in the condition field if I want my custom action to be executed only during rollback ?

(sorry about my english)

graven
07-31-2002, 07:33 AM
hi clement,

i just answered your question (about the various "conditions") in another thread "Why is MAINTENANCE ALWAYS set to False??".

check it out:
http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99825

in addition to your question regarding rollback: "rollback" occurs when an error is encountered by the setup, or the user cancels the setup before it has a chance to complete. hence, "conditions" won't do here. instead, there's a special property for this case:

go to the "custom action view". in the first column you'll find "in-script execution". there you may choose between:
- commit execution
- deferred execution
- deferred execution in system context
- immediate execution
- rollback execution

in installshield online help search for "deferred AND rollback" to get more info.

cheers, graven (IS dev 7.04)

Clement
07-31-2002, 07:53 AM
Thx graven

In fact I slightly different solution:
In the case of "first time install": ProductState=-1
In the case of uninstallation: ProductState=5

works well

Anyway I still have a problem for rollback... is there a property I can rely on ?