PDA

View Full Version : Volume Selection in standard Project

JensMueller
07-30-2002, 06:17 AM
Hello,

is there a way to create an installprogram, in which the user can only change the targetdiskdrive? (not the path)

Jens

Joshua
07-30-2002, 09:01 AM
Jens,

Sure, you would first call GetValidDrivesList to retrieve the list of valid drives and populate them into a list control. Once the user makes their drive letter selection, you could parse the value of INSTALLDIR using the StrGetTokens function, append a new drive letter, and re-concatenate INSTALLDIR with this updated drive letter included.

More info on these InstallScript functions can be found in the InstallShield Help documentation.

JensMueller
07-30-2002, 09:09 AM
Thanks Joshua,

but the dialogs in the standard project are all use the selection of path. The user of my program should only show a "volume select box".

Jens

Joshua
07-30-2002, 09:26 AM
Jens,

Therefore I would recommend either modifying an existing dialog, or creating a new dialog that contains a Listbox Control. Then use the GetValidDrivesList to populate this listbox with the available drives, and the user can select a drive letter.

I hope this helps.

JensMueller
07-31-2002, 12:46 AM
Thanks Joshua,

but i haven't wrote programms in VB. can you show me, how I can fill the Listbox of a dialog?

Jens