PDA

View Full Version : How do I change the dialog banner bitmap?

royturner
07-30-2002, 05:22 AM
It looks like I can use DialogSetInfo to change the image displayed on the left of the welcome and finish dialogs, but how do I change the dialog banner image which runs across the top of most of the other standard dialogs?

Joshua
07-30-2002, 09:28 AM
Roy,

You would change this directly in the Dialog Editor. Simply select the control and either replace the image, or delete and recreate the control to display your updated image.

royturner
07-31-2002, 08:48 AM
Thanks Joshua. Dialog editor is cool - I hadn't really tried it before.

Replaced the top banner bitmap which appears on most dialogs using:

SdInit();
DialogSetInfo(DLG_INFO_ALTIMAGE, "topimage.bmp", TRUE);

in the OnBegin() handler, and putting my topimage.bmp in the Setup Files/Language Independent screen of the IDE (under Step 5). This is described in CH7 of the Training Manual which can be downloaded from the IS site.

For the images which appear down the left side of the SdWelcome and SdFinish dialogs, I changed these as you suggested in the dialog editor, by editing the path for the bitmap. This still leaves the annoying little square image which gets put over the top right of the bitmap, showing a copy of the banner image I put in. Discovered that this appears as a text control with a reference to @10553 in the dialog editor, and you can remove it by deleting the control.

So, complete control of the images on the setup screens!!