PDA

View Full Version : how to remove the 'support information' from the Add/Remove Programs Dialog

ybenisha
07-30-2002, 04:22 AM
Alternatively how can I control what will be display in it?

Joshua
07-30-2002, 09:29 AM
Yoav,

This information can be set under Step 1 - General Information - Add/Remove Programs. Please note the following fields:

Support Contact
Support URL
Support Phone Number
etc...

Please simply update the information in these fields to modify the information displayed in Add/Remove Programs.

I hope this helps!

ybenisha
07-30-2002, 09:45 AM
this is not good for me as I need to update this information on runtime (through the InstallScript)
The problem is that because I need to OEM our product. The Manufacturer name must not appear anywhere or must b changed dinamicaly
I tried to change this Msi Property (Manufacturer) but because it is private I could not do it. My Managers insist that a new release must not be build for each OEM company. So I must get rid of reference to the comapny name. This is why I must remove the information from the Add/Remove Dialog.

Zackxu
07-11-2003, 09:14 AM
1. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\InstallShield_{Your Product GUID}\DisplayName
2. HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{Your Product GUID}\DisplayName