PDA

View Full Version : IDS_STRING Problems

kwilson
07-29-2002, 10:43 AM
I am getting the following warnings when I build my project (basic, Developer 7.04).

---
Resolving strings...
** Warning: -3028: The string ID "IDS_ACTIONTEXT_123" was not found in the string table. It is referenced in the table:"ActionText" in column:"Description".
** Warning: -3028: The string ID "IDS_ACTIONTEXT_124" was not found in the string table. It is referenced in the table:"ActionText" in column:"Description".
** Warning: -3028: The string ID "IDS_ERROR_128" was not found in the string table. It is referenced in the table:"Error" in column:"Message".
** Warning: -3028: The string ID "IDS_ERROR_129" was not found in the string table. It is referenced in the table:"Error" in column:"Message".
---

Tracing these through the direct editor I get the following:

"IDS_ACTIONTEXT_123" is tied to the following entry in the ActionText table: caCreateVRoots
"IDS_ACTIONTEXT_124" is tied to the following entry in the ActionText table: caRemoveVRoots
"IDS_ERROR_128" is tied to the following entry in the Error table: 1933
"IDS_ERROR_129" is tied to the following entry in the Error table: 1934

Has anyone experienced this before? Do I need to concern myself or can I ignore these warnings?

I don't know what to do myself as the first instances appear to be tied to some custom action that Developer generates internally and the latter two appear to be tied to OS or MSI generated errors.

Any and all help is appreciated.

areicher
08-02-2002, 12:54 PM
I have encountered these exact same warnings with 7.04 also. I remedied the problem (at a minimum, they are not asthetically pleasing) the first time by rolling back to a backup.

I just got the same errors again after importing a dialog that I had exported from the same project. I believe this is also what may have caused the problem the first time (although they would have been different dialogs).

This time, I removed the entries from the ActionText and Error tables. So far I have seen no detrimental effects, but I would still like to hear from anyone that knows what these are and whether getting rid of them is bad.

Thanks,
Aaron

Stefan Krueger
08-02-2002, 12:57 PM
Is this a project that was upgrade from a previous release of Developer 7?
Please try this: Create a new project with Dev7 and copy those missing strings from the string table to the other project. I guess these error table entries have been added with IIS support in version 7.04.

areicher
08-15-2002, 12:47 PM
Thank you Stefan (sorry for the long-delayed response - I got wrapped up in other things).

Yes, this project was upgraded from 7.03. And adding the missing strings back got rid of the warning messages.

It was interesting, though, that I didn't start receiving the warnings until I did the dialog imports (at least I think that was it)... I am assuming that means that the table entries didn't get added immediately upon opening the project in 7.04, but then got added later for some reason.

Aaron

ze_netio
09-09-2002, 07:33 PM
I'm having a similar problem... I start a new project and whe I start using string table, something goes wrong and the project stop run.. That is, it stop compile. I started 4 news projects and in differente places of string table I had this problem and after this I can go ahead because the project doesn't compile any more. Some times I receive an error message saying that project can find setup.inx. I'm thinking that I need make a copy of my project while I am developing so if the problem came I can restore the functional version, but I think that if I do this so this version is not ready to use.
Any ideas?

Schlotti
12-13-2002, 09:08 AM
Originally posted by Stefan Krueger
Is this a project that was upgrade from a previous release of Developer 7?
Please try this: Create a new project with Dev7 and copy those missing strings from the string table to the other project. I guess these error table entries have been added with IIS support in version 7.04.

Stefan
Thanks for your message.

DonaMc
11-03-2003, 03:30 PM
I just encountered the exact same issue as kwilson posted on 07/29/02. I am using ISD 8.0 SP 2. It seems to be tied to the exporting or importing of dialogs. I ended up creating a dialog from scratch as I could not make the export and import work. I am going to try as areicher did and just get rid of them. I will post again if that works or not.

DonaMc
11-03-2003, 03:31 PM
More info: my project was upgraded from ISD 7. But my current project in ISD8 just prior to working with the dialogs does NOT have the offending entries, so there is nothing to copy or rollback to.