PDA

View Full Version : MSDE 1.0 Merge Module

tjones64
07-26-2002, 02:36 PM
I'm using Developer 7.04 and have the following setup:

- 2 Features (Application and MSDE)
- 3 Setup Types (Client, Client & MSDE, DB Files only)
- MSDE merge module is associated with the MSDE feature
- MSDE feature associated with "Client & MSDE" setup type

The issue that I'm having is that MSDE installs every time no matter which setup type I select. Is this a bug OR am I missing something here?

RobertDickau
07-26-2002, 04:04 PM
I'm not positive, but looking at the merge module's contents it appears that MSDE is always installed because the custom-action record that launches MSDE in the ModuleInstallExecuteSequence table has condition "Not Installed", and therefore doesn't depend on a particular feature.

If you're feeling adventurous, you might open a copy of the merge module and change the condition to something like &MSDE_Feature=3, which should execute only if the user selected the feature called MSDE_Feature, and it wasn't installed already. (For more information about the &Feature=n syntax, see the MSI Help Library page "Conditional Statement Syntax".)

tjones64
08-05-2002, 10:34 PM
I felt "adventerous" and tried your solution and it worked. I modified that value using Developer and then re-built my install routines and now MSDE only installs when I select the appropriate feature. Thanks for the suggestion.