PDA

View Full Version : Should I do this? Idriver question.

janscinto
07-26-2002, 10:16 AM
I recently posted a message that got NO response. Maybe if I ask the question differently someone from Installshield will answer me. See below for the original description. My new question is should i change the script code in ONUninstall that says...

//////////////////////////////////////
//DO NOT DELETE. The below code will
//initiate the uninstallation process.
ComponentRemoveAll();
ComponentTransferData(MEDIA);
//////////////////////////////////////

to FeatureRemoveAll and FeatureTransferData?
Another question, is there some documentation you can point me to that explains what Idriver.exe does?

I have been having a problem that has been reported before with NT4 and Dr. Watson/Idriver.exe crashes. As I am looking at my Installshield setup, I have Enable Maintenance set to "no". In the script I have an OnUninstall funtion (as well as OnMaintUIBefore and After(not sure why both are there)). What I am wondering is why the OnUninstall function has calls to ComponentRemoveall and ComponentTransferData. The help says that in Developer it should use FeatureRemoveall and FeatureTransferData. Is this ok or could it be the cause of these crashes?

VinnyC
07-26-2002, 11:40 AM
You're right, there is a problem here. I tried calling the Feature functions with a custom maintenance dialog and would get error 1605 - this action only valid for installed programs - yet my app would be uninstalled. When I use the standard script in OnMaintUIBefore, that calls the Component functions and it works just fine. I didn't make the connection until I read your post. Thanks for your help! (But I still don't really know the right the thing to tell you - sorry)

mShafiq
03-18-2003, 02:37 PM
I dont know may be it is too late to reply this question. Anyway if you have problem on NT you can apply HotFix which is available now on InstallShield website. They have released new version of Idriver.EXE (7.07.262) . It will fix that issue