PDA

View Full Version : 7.04 BUG - Need workaround ASAP

HookEm
07-26-2002, 10:08 AM
When I add a file to 'Disk1' under the Setup Files/Billboards pane, I cannot specify the <ISProjectDataFolder> or <ISProjectFolder> (manually or automatically after setting the Path Variables option).

If I add the file to Language Independent or English, I'm prompted for <ISProjectDataFolder> or <ISProjectFolder> (if the Path Variables option is set to always prompt).

What's going on here? I need this fixed or a workaround ASAP as this went into an automated build last night and is not working because the path to the file added to 'Disk1' is an absolute path instead of relative to the IS Dev project. It worked on the test system because the directory structure is the same as on the development system.

Mike.Weeks
07-26-2002, 10:31 AM
I also had this problem.

Goto Direct Editor and look at ISDisk1Files. Edit the paths to include the Path Variable you've made.

I was also told that the menu item Project | Convert Source Paths... would work.

HookEm
07-26-2002, 10:53 AM
Thanks Mike!

FYI, editing the ISDisk1Files value using Direct Editor worked. However, I tried the Project | Convert Source Paths first and it did _not_ work (assuming all I had to do was add the file to Disk1 from the Setup Files/Billboards view and then select the menu option).

Installshield:
How about a KB article for this as it appears to have caused some concern to others.

Carsten Segieth
07-26-2002, 12:55 PM
I've addressed this <PATHVAR> problem for the SetupFiles/Billboards a a few days ago to the InstallShield support:

Actually the behavior which you had noticed is as per design. However, I would forward your suggestion to our concerning people for further consideration.
So I think we can wait a while and then I'll check what IS decided.

HookEm
07-26-2002, 01:24 PM
Thanks. I can't imagine why the behavior for Disk1 would be any different from the other folders by design. I think this is a bug and should be fixed.

Carsten Segieth
07-26-2002, 01:28 PM
that's also my opinion. At least the dialog "do you want to assign a path variable" should be shown.