PDA

View Full Version : Import IS-Professional's .ipr files to Developer

saurabh
07-26-2002, 01:16 AM
Hello Community,

Can I open the Professional's .ipr file on Developer 7.03 !!

Actually, an installer was originally created using Professional 6.30. Now I have to add some more features in that installer. But the restriction is to only use Developer 7.03. I am given all the required files such as project's .ipr file (created from Professional), its setup.rul file, registry files, etc, etc

When I opened this .ipr file in Developer, it created a new .ism file with a message that this project is now upgraded for work in Developer.

I want to confirm that should I continue to work on this Developer compitable project and can add new features in the installer. Or this may give any problem sometime in future and so try to procure the Professional only.

Plz reply ASAP as I have to create the new installer very urgently.

Peerke
07-26-2002, 02:14 AM
If the upgraded project works correctly, you shouldn't be concerned.

There may be small issues with your upgraded script, but no real show-stoppers.

Regards,

Rene

saurabh
07-26-2002, 04:22 AM
Thanx Rene.

I can not say whether everything will work fine or not because I dont know anything about the software and its files which will get installed from that installer. I am reading the installation settings (thru Developer Project IDE) and then I have to add some new features in the installer.

Is this anywhere specified in the InstallShield Manuals that Professional's .ipr files works fine on Developer 7.03 and new upgrades can be built from it.

If so then my problem will gets solved otherwise I have to note down all the settings in the Developer Project IDE and re-build a new installer.

Regards,

Peerke
07-26-2002, 04:26 AM
Whether you install will work will depend on the script.

There are functions in installscript that are no longer supported, the installscript language reference tells you so when you select a function that no longer works. As long as your project is straightforward, I don't expect much trouble.

When your project gets updated by installshield it lists possible problems.

Regards,

Rene

saurabh
07-26-2002, 05:46 AM
Yes, I am working on it and hope not to face any problem.
Once again, Thanx for your support Rene.

Regards,

RobertDickau
07-26-2002, 09:19 AM
In the Developer online help, please see the section "Getting Started > Working with Projects > Upgrading Projects Created with InstallShield Professional".

saurabh
07-29-2002, 12:52 AM
Thanx RobertDickau.
Now I can work on my installer without any doubt.
When I opened my .ipr project (created in Professional) in Developer, it automatically got upgraded to Developer's .ism project.

Regards,