PDA

View Full Version : Create Virtual Directory for other than first Web Site

bradbrowne
07-25-2002, 09:06 PM
I have used the new IIS Virtual Directory feature in Developer v7.0 SP4 to create a virtual directory but I seems that it will only work for the 1st Web Site.

I would like to be able to create a Virtual Directory for the 2nd (or other) Web Site -- is there a way to specify which Web Root this feature will use ?

msolnit
07-26-2002, 04:22 PM
You can do this by changing the port number. This is described in the InstallShield online help.

bradbrowne
07-29-2002, 02:25 AM
The Port Number is useful if you are actually running the webserver on different ports to host different sites, but I am using the host header to filter traffic to the correct web site.

What this means is that all the sites are running on port 80 so I have no way to differentiate them with InstallShield. I am surprised that there is not an option to be able to just specify a different Root, instead of going the round about way of using the port number.

Thanks for the reply though. I might have to resort to scripting externally.

BigAlbert
07-29-2002, 03:08 AM
I have a problem creating a Vdir at all they actaully not been created..? have you encounterd this?

NickHobbs
09-03-2002, 06:22 AM
I am also having a problem creating a vdir at all - but if it were working, I would also want the user to be able to choose which web site to install the VDir on, and for it to also be recorded in a property.

I want to cater for a server with many IP addresses, with a web site on each IP address, all using port 80 on their own IP addresses.

However, running on a standard installation with 1 IP address and port 80, it still did not install the VDir.