PDA

View Full Version : String PRODUCT_NAME not found in string table

cdisdero
07-25-2002, 02:23 PM
I have a setup that works on most of the machines we use, but on one particular computer it installed fine and then after an uninstallation it stopped working and now every time you run it on that box it displays the "String PRODUCT_NAME not found in string table" error message.
I checked the String1033.txt file, and PRODUCT_NAME is in there and is equal to "S-PLUS".
I also compared the logs files (produced by /verbose), the only difference is that on the box where it's failing there is the message: "1: Installation aborts, ready for RPC shutting down." I created another standard simple setup that installs only one file and has the default installscript in it. This fails with the same message. I created yet another standard simple setup that installs only one file and has the default installscript in it. This time however, I put PRODUCT_NAME=S-PLUS in the string table prior to building the image. This one fails as well with the same error message!

There are numerous messages about this same problem in this installshield Developer 7 newsgroup!

I think this is a bug in IS7. Anyone have any up-to-date info on how to solve or workaround this serious problem?