PDA

View Full Version : Major Upgrade.reboot problem

mark.heck
07-25-2002, 11:56 AM
I'm doing a Major upgrade of our product. The upgrade someitme work so all codes and version are good. The problem I have is this.
When package b attempts to upgrade package a, package a must first uninstall. During the uninstall some files may be locked. This will cause it to re-boot. After the reboot I get the error listed below. and the install fails. At this point all the files are now gone.
While this message is up, if I open Add/Remove programs, neither package a or b are listed.
So ok, I figure it's uninstalled and re-start the package b install. When I do this, package b now find a package a and trys again to remove it. Our package tryies to check a couple of thing through our com objects when uninstalling or removing, so, seeing as the files are now gone, it trys too do a self-repair. Looking in Add/Remove now shows package a.

The whole problem seems to be not finding the package after re-boot. What would the uninstall be doing after re-boot that it needs the package? And how can I stop it?

The error;
This installation package could not be opened. Verify that the package exists and that you can access it, or contact the application vendor to verify that this is a valid Windows installer package,