PDA

View Full Version : Visual Basic 6 Wizard fails

adam_wylde
07-24-2002, 06:42 AM
Since upgrading to SP4 the Visual Basic wizard scans my project, but always returns an empty list of dependencies even if the project is empty.

It used to work before SP4, but I've tried it on two SP4 machines without success.

I also have VB.Net installed, and I wonder if that has interfered with the wizard?

Anybody else experiencing the same, or have any ideas please?

Thanks

Adam Wylde

adam_wylde
07-24-2002, 11:10 AM
I have now noticed that the iside.log file has the following entry added everytime I use the VB wizard...

D:\BldRoot\source\src\IsWizScanners\FileListCtrl.cpp 216: No such interface supported

I guess this has a lot to do with it - the iswizscanners.dll is v7.4.0.262 - perhaps IS have removed something from this dll in the SP4 build?

Are you looking at these please InstallShield, as I dont want to call support and activate my support agreement to fix a bug...

adam_wylde
07-26-2002, 04:33 AM
Thanks for the overwhelming help since I posted this question - however I have managed to fix the problem, so heres the solution for anyone else...

see post ...Static Scan Fails? (http://community.installshield.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=99087&highlight=static+scan+fails) which has a response from InstallShield suggesting the repair option for the install of IS. I was also experiencing this problem, so I have run the repair and its fixed it aswell as fixing my VB wizard problem.

Hope this is of use to someone out there