PDA

View Full Version : .net

BigAlbert
07-24-2002, 05:53 AM
how can one automatically disable the .NET from the project creation??

RobertDickau
07-24-2002, 08:10 AM
For what part of the project do you want to disable .NET? For the default component scanning option, you can look at Tools > Options > .NET, and select None...

BigAlbert
07-24-2002, 08:14 AM
what I've ment was that it will never include in the component properties any interaction to .net.

example.

Ive created a component that install a com service and by default
in the .net application file it releates to it as a .net file.

RobertDickau
07-24-2002, 08:18 AM
If you set .NET Scan at Build to None (either for an individual component or by setting the default in Tools > Options > .NET), the .NET Application File setting should be ignored.

trizzo
10-01-2002, 08:05 AM
I have a problem that seems to be related to the .NET Application File property. I have about 20 components being installed. Of these, about 15 are Dll files. Every Dll file has a .NET Application File in the property. (I cannot get rid of this file name). The Scan at Build property is set to None and the Tools/Options property is set to None. The only difference I can find in theses components is the .Net Application File property. Now the problem. Only the files WITHOUT the .Net Application File property are uninstalled. All the DLL files are not. (They are not shared). I know it seems like a long shot but is there any way this could be related?
Thanks for any help.
Terry

BigAlbert
10-01-2002, 08:13 AM
Hi trizzo:

If you didnt installed the .NET fraemwork on your computer as one of the updates that InstallShield is posting (or what ever the reason for that) the .NET property in the component will aper but dont get panic becuse of it ... in your case it will mean \ change nothing.

trizzo
10-02-2002, 10:01 PM
Thanks BigAlbert,
I do have the settings as suggested. I thought that since this was the only difference I could find between the components that would uninstall and those that would not, this may be a clue. I appreciate your replies and will continue my quest in another direction.
Terry