PDA

View Full Version : .Net frame installation sequence

adamczak
07-23-2002, 02:35 PM
I was wondering when in the install sequence (in the standard install sequence) is the .Net framework installed. I need to install the J# redistributables right after .Net framework.

I'm fairly new to InstallShield development, so my other question is how do I run a distributable package only once on a system. I only want to run the J# redistributable if the current machine doesn't have J# installed.

Thanks for any help!

Joshua
07-23-2002, 05:06 PM
The .NET Framework is one of the very first actions run when setup.exe is launched. Therefore you should be able to place your Custom Action before InstallInitialize, or anywhere after CostFinalize (some examples).

In regards to your second question, I'm a bit unclear on what you're looking for. What would you like to have happen the second time the user runs your setup?

adamczak
07-23-2002, 05:31 PM
I would like to run the J# installer only once, and if the J# framework is already installed on the computer, I'd like to skip running the J# install again.

cbhunni
03-12-2003, 05:34 PM
hello,
I'm currently facing the same issue of trying to exit a setup before the .NET framework is installed. I sequenced my CA check as <First Action> in both the UI and Exec sequences but I still get the .NET framework first.

Any solution to this?

thanks,
cbhunni

ps. i noticed the log file doesn't even get created before the .NET framework is installed.