PDA

View Full Version : Sun Java Client

JP in SF
07-11-2002, 07:05 PM
Hi All,

Has anyone here successfully repackaged Sun's Java Plug-In/Client 1.3.1_02? I am running into a strange error while testing. It seems to work fine when the app installs, however, the Control Panel Applet is returning an error stating it cannot locate the main class. I have taken several snapshots, and each of them returns the same files and reg keys. Any help would be appreciated since this app is a prerequisite for another I am tasked with completing. :confused:

Thanks in advance!

Prince
09-08-2003, 01:37 AM
Hi,

I am facing same problem with JRE 1.4.1_05. Is there any solution for this issue? IS Support, please look into this issue.

Prince
09-08-2003, 11:38 PM
Okay...I got the solution. This is due to extra "\" added to INSTALLDIR path in registry under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\JavaSoft\Java Plug-in\1.4.1_05 key. I don't know why "\" is added to INSTALLDIR value... it must be a BUG

prostetnic
09-11-2003, 07:09 AM
it isn't a bug. As such. It is known. there is a simple method using vbscript to remove the trailing slash. Search the knowledge base for it. sorry I can't remember the actual article at the moment.

TsungH
09-11-2003, 07:34 PM
The behavior is by design (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/msi/setup/using_the_directory_table.asp). All records in Directory table are resolved during CostFinalize action. That's when a trailing backslash is padded.