PDA

View Full Version : Migrating to 3.5 SP4 version

FidoBoy
07-08-2002, 02:37 AM
I have converted my InstallShield Express old projects into the new version and i'm getting this error messages:

New ProgId VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGridDAO dynamically acquired for component VSFLEX7D.OCX2
** Warning: -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGrid.1 conflicts with static data associated with component VSFLEX7L.OCX2. Overwriting with dynamic data.
New ProgId VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGrid.1 dynamically acquired for component VSFLEX7L.OCX2
** Warning: -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGrid conflicts with static data associated with component VSFLEX7L.OCX2. Overwriting with dynamic data.

Dialog OutOfSpace for language Spanish built
** Error: -6090: The scrollable text file:'' specified for the Control:'Readme' does not exist.

What's wrong?? With the old version all worked fine...

Chandima
07-09-2002, 04:19 PM
The 6090 error is something that happens only for Upgraded Projects. To fix this:

Go to the Dialogs View
Select the Read Me dialog
Set the "Readme Filename" property to the following:

<ISProductFolder>\Redist\0409\Readme.rtf

This is bug in the upgrader and a hotfix is available (for this and a few other upgrader issues). Please see KB article Q106405 for more known issues and the hotfix.

As for the other bugs, are these by any chance .NET DLL's? If so see if you have their "COM Interop" property set. If I am not mistaken this happens because the registry information for these files has already been extracted. It is extracting it again at build time and warning you that it is overwriting the entries.

FidoBoy
07-16-2002, 10:26 AM
The DLLs are not .NET DLLs, so i think that this is not the trouble. I've also tried editing the ISM file with ORCA and replacing the GUID for these libraries with the current values, but i get the same result. Can u give me another ideas??

Chandima
07-18-2002, 12:17 PM
Are you including any Merge Modules that come with Visual Studio .NET? If so what are they? This file LOOKS like it comes from the new set of modules released with Visual Studio .NET (we include a few of them with Express). If so that will narrow down the issue.

DuncanWinner
07-29-2002, 05:42 AM
I have the same problem...

** Warning: -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGrid.1 conflicts with static data associated with component Vsflex7L.ocx. Overwriting with dynamic data.

** Warning: -4350: Dynamically acquired ProgId VSFlexGrid.VSFlexGrid conflicts with static data associated with component Vsflex7L.ocx. Overwriting with dynamic data.

Any ideas?

Dunc

Chandima
07-30-2002, 09:50 AM
Do you have any entries in the Registry View?
Do you merge any Reg files at build time (in Features View)?
Do you have the COM Interop property set on any files in the Files View?
What are the merge modules you include in your projects?

FidoBoy
07-31-2002, 05:57 AM
These files are NOT part of .NET. It belongs to ComponentOne. I still have the problem...

Chandima
07-31-2002, 01:32 PM
DuncanWinner sent me these files and there seems to be a problem with the files them selves. If you include both Vsflex7L.ocx and Vsflex7.ocx in your setup you will get this error. This is because both of these files have the same ProgID!! Express 3.54 extracts the same information as 3.53 did. Only difference is that 3.53 did not give such warnings. So you can safely ignore these errors and run the setup. If you want to not see these warnings and use the 3.53 COM Extraction do the following:

1. Open Regedit
2. Create the following key and set it's value to "y"

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\InstallShield\Developer\7.0\UseOldComExtraction

3. Build -> Should build without warnings

However I strongly suggest you contact the vendor of this DLL and inquire about the ProgID. Ask them if these files should be installed together too.