PDA

View Full Version : VB6 runtime files

John1234
06-28-2002, 08:42 AM
I am preparing an installation for a project devopped with VB6.
I specified my VB project to IS Express (3.5 SP4) and everything worked fine. The problem is that I noticed that the VB6xx.dll file was not included in the package! So I tried to include the "Visual Basic 6 Runtime" merge module but it was not available in the merge module view. Finally I tried to download the associated .msm file from installshied web site but I couldn't find the VB6 Runtime (I just find the VBScript Runtime).
I guess I miss something and that I have not to include all the VB files (VB6xx.dll, comacat.dll, ...) manually.

Thanks for any help

John

johnhind
07-01-2002, 09:09 AM
The merge module is called "Visual Basic Virtual Machine" on the download site (8th from the bottom of the list).

http://www.installshield.com/downloads/modules.asp?prod=cx&lan=english&xmlUse=y

John

John1234
07-01-2002, 09:30 AM
thanks for your reply.
This merge module is included in my project but it doesn't include the VB Runtime and all the files associated with it.

Chandima
07-09-2002, 04:11 PM
The VBRuntime merge module is Microsoft Merge Module. It installs just msvbvm60.dll. If you need any other files they will have to be added manually. I have a tool to see what files are picked when you select a merge module. If you are interested email me at chandimar@installshield.com.