PDA

View Full Version : Optimizing/Compressing the dbd file after removing resources/scenes?

qwik93awd
05-31-2002, 01:33 PM
I had a large demo that was about 150 MB in size. I wanted to take about half the sections out of it and put them into a seperate demo so the demo would load faster.

A problem I am coming across is after I delete all the scenes out of the original demo and remove all the resources out the .dbd file is the same size after I save it?

Is there a trick to compacting or optimizing the file after I delete a bunch of resourses and scenes out of it?

I am running DS 7.01

Thanks,
Ron

KimberlyH
05-31-2002, 03:35 PM
Make sure all resources associated with the scenes you are deleting are being removed from the Resource Manager. You can perform a Check on the Resource Manager to see what resources are not being used (they will appear with a red circle and slash next to them). This indicates that those resources can be removed without disrupting the demo.

Another thing you may want to do is to delete the .dsj file associated with the demo. This file keeps track of all resources that have been imported into the demo. The next time you save your demo a new .dsj file will be created.

I hope this helps.