PDA

View Full Version : Best Approach to Use Software Animation - New

wudtwu
05-30-2002, 04:50 PM
I am trying to understand what is the best way to add cursor movement to a presentation. My presentation is a slide presentation and I want to add cursor(pointer) movement to go with the voice.
1. One approach is to use software animation. However, it is difficult to do as you need many cusor movement captures.
2. The other approach is to use Camtasia. However, the avi file is quite large. I think the software animation file for cusor capture is probably much smaller.
Can anybody comment on this, ie my understanding of the pros and cons of the two approaches.

Thanks.

D.T.Wu

Shawna
05-31-2002, 01:44 PM
If you want to just add cursor movements at specific times in your demo, you can use Event Objects that trigger Move Cursor Actions. You can move a cursor to a specific (x,y) cooridnate or to an Object in your Scene.

wudtwu
05-31-2002, 02:51 PM
This does not seem to be practical if you have to move the cursor to many places on a slide during the talk. Am I missing something here?

Shawna
05-31-2002, 03:33 PM
I suggested to use the Move Cursor Action because I had infered from your email that you had already made the demo with the slides and voice overs and you just wanted to add the cursor movements. If you have not done any of this and are starting from scratch, I would suggest AppCam. I think that it's a little hard to master, but once you get the hang of it, it's a slightly better option than creating an .avi in that you can edit it without reshooting the whole automation.