PDA

View Full Version : Minimum UI not working on /AppMenu

neildavidson
05-29-2002, 08:45 AM
I've e-mailed tech support with this question, but I'm posting it here just in case somebody else can help.

When I try to run the agent with the -AppMenu option (and configured for a minimum UI) a dialog saying "Update service is searching for any available updates for your application'. This dialog then vanishes (it doesn't even say that no updates are available), and nothing else happens.

Does anybody have any ideas ?

Thanks,

- Neil

Chris Woerner
05-29-2002, 09:24 AM
Double check the path to your update exe. There is a bug in the Agent where it won't display an error if it cannot find the update exe. It just ends. (will be fixed in the next release)

Another thing to try is to remove all update messages for that product/version. After the "checking...." dialog, you should see a "no updates" dialog.

neildavidson
05-29-2002, 09:35 AM
That was the problem - I was trying to download the update from an ftp site (which I didn't realize you don't support yet).

The update dialog now appears, but behind the application which I call it from. This is similar to an issue I posted about IE opening underneath the app on a full ui update.

Do you have any idea when this will be fixed ? I think the update service is a really good idea, and will subscribe to it if this is fixed.

Thanks,

- Neil