PDA

View Full Version : Japanese character garbled on Demo screen

caculus
05-24-2002, 01:30 AM
The Japanese characters on Demoshield screen are garbled on Japanese W2k. We have the translation saved in a text file in both UTF-9 format and Sjis format. I can copy & paste those strings to Demotext editor on Japanese w2k and they show properly. I chose ".jpn" from the Save As dialog box to save it. But once I run the demo, all the texts are garbled(on Japanese W2K). Any help will be appreciated.

KimberlyH
05-24-2002, 08:24 AM
Are you using a traditional Japanese font to translate the text to? I would recommend using one of the following:

MS Gothic, MS Mincho, Arial Unicode MS, Bitstream CyberBit, Bitstream CyberCJK and Code2000

Also, do you have the latest maintenance release for the version of DemoShield you are using?

I look forward to hearing from you.

caculus
05-24-2002, 06:48 PM
Thank you for the advise. It's the problem of font. It turned out that one Japanese font works on Japanese W2K. But it doesn't work on multi-language supported W2K (that's an English w2k with japanese fonts installed). I'm now trying all sorts of fonts to find out which one will work for both Japanese W2K and multi-language multi-language supported W2K. If you know any particular font will work that way, please inform me.

Thanks,

Chandy Navarata
05-29-2002, 12:34 PM
One other font that you may want to try using is "MS UI Gothic".

caculus
05-29-2002, 06:27 PM
Thanks. I have tried a lot of fonts, including the fonts you suggested. So far nothing works on multi-language supporte w2k.I just wonder whether DemoShield 6.7 support displaying multi-bytes characters on English w2k with multi-language fonts installed? Does the product spec require this feature?

Thanks

Chandy Navarata
06-18-2002, 01:03 PM
Would it be possible for you to send me a copy of your demo? If so, please upload a zipped up copy to our ftp server at ftp://ftp.installshield.com/incoming/demoshield. You can use the login id "anonymous" with your email address as the password.