PDA

View Full Version : Template

jcunning
05-23-2002, 02:09 PM
I really like the Template in the Tutorial showcase named New User Demo. Instead of re-inventing the wheel, so to speak, is there anyway that I can download that template and replace text and screen captures?

Shawna
05-23-2002, 02:36 PM
Actually, it's not a template. I just created it from scratch. I have attached a smaller version here because the actual demo is too big to attach here. All I have included is the Home and Exit Scenes and an extra Scene from the middle that has a screen shot and text box.

Feel free to use it. Thanks for the compliment! :)

jcunning
05-23-2002, 02:44 PM
Shawna,

You are always so fast to reply to my problems!! Thank you.

It seems that whenever I have to create a demoshield file, I don't have time to design it. I need it to work now. Everything in life is such a rush.

Your design will be so helpful.

What great great customer service!!!

jcunning
05-23-2002, 02:55 PM
Shawna,

I always keep asking for stuff from you.

I know you zipped the first and last slide.

Is there a chance you could zip the slide that has the screen capture, where the viewer has to input something.

I am trying to do a tutorial, demonstrating how the viewer should type something in. I figured out how to do the screen capture, but on the address bar, for example, I want the viewer to actually type in the url. Even though I know it won't work, I just want them to think they are somehow advancing the slide.

I also want them to point and click on certain areas, and it advances to the next slide.

Thanks Again!!:)

Jamie

Shawna
05-23-2002, 03:58 PM
Jamie,

I have created another little sample. This has a few scenes where I am asking users to put in info. I actually just used a screen shot and put an edit field over the text, so it's not that hard.

Enjoy. :)

jcunning
05-29-2002, 09:51 AM
Shawna,

I have used your templates and my demo looks fine and is working fine in player. Thank you again.

Yesterday, I did the distribution wizard and I did two builds, in two different folders. One was for Demo X and the other DemoNow. I wanted to post them to our website and test them. However, It didn't work.

So I decided to start over and re-do it.

This time, when I go to distribution wizard and build to a new, empty folder, I get the following error message:

Designer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You need to restart the program.

An error log is being created.

But when I re-start the program and even reboot, I get continue to get the same error message.

I thought it was because my screen captures were too big. I had them as jpg's. But I recaptured them as bitmaps and removed the original jpgs.

Can you direct me in the right direction? By the way, I have demoshield 7.0. I was thinking of downloading the maintenance release, but don't know if that is what is needed.

Thanks again.

alfredau
06-07-2002, 11:43 PM
When I try to open the template sample, it prompt "Cannot open this file due to an incorrect file format, please try open another demo file"

I am using Demoshield version 6.71
Please help

Alfred Au Yeung

Shawna
06-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Jamie,

I would suggest downloading the 7.01 release and seeing if that fixes the problem. It may have been the jpg images that were causing the problem. You may also want to try doing a Save As and saving the demo as a different file name to see if that will kinda of "reset" the demo and fix whatever was causing the problem.

Alfred,

The error you are getting is because the demo I created was made with version 7.0 and you cannot open up a demo created in 7.0 with an older version. If you would like to see the demo, you can download a free evaluation version of DemoShield 7.01 from our website and open the demo through that.