PDA

View Full Version : ClearType

danman
05-22-2002, 05:13 AM
I am using DemoShield 7.01 on WindowsXP and have had 'ClearType' disabled in my display settings. I've just turned it on to view some HTML stuff and noticed that all my screen fonts change accept DemoShield's?!

If I compare my HTML pages to the same text in DemoShield - my 'CD Browser' does not look that good. See screendump - DemoShield is on top.

Does DemoShield 'ignore' ClearType?

KimberlyH
05-23-2002, 08:59 AM
When running a DemoShield presentation, the entire DemoShield project is treated as a single window and each object within the demo is incorporated as part of the background. For example, you would not be able to select the text in a running CD Browser to be able to copy and paste it, as you would with an HTML web page. Therefore, the display settings that are applied for text display would not apply to the DemoShield demo.

I hope this helps.

KimberlyH
06-04-2002, 03:04 PM
Here is some information that will offer some information towards what ClearType is and used for.

There is a newer kind of antialiasing of text based on Microsoft ClearType display technology that is available only for WinXP and Win .NET servers. This technology allows smoothing of fonts for improved readability on color LCD monitors such as laptops and flat panel displays. At this time DemoShield 7.01 does not support this functionality.

We are currently considering this as a feature for the next release of DemoShield.