PDA

View Full Version : Embedding Fonts not Working Correctly

trustella
05-21-2002, 01:02 AM
I am using DS 7.0 and I'm trying to embed fonts into my CD browser. I imported the font files through the resource manager, but when I built the CD browser with the distribution wizard, the fonts were not shown correctly.

Is there something else I must do to get my fonts to show correctly? The systems I am testing on are Win2000 and WinNT. Neither show the fonts correctly.

KimberlyH
05-21-2002, 09:49 AM
What type of font files are you importing into the Resource Manager? If you are importing PFB or PFM font files, both font files will need to be embedded in the demo and the end user will need to have a font manager on their system in order for the font files to be recognized. For more information on this topic, please refer to the following Knowledge Base article:

Q105849 - INFO: Embedding PFM or PFB Font Files To Be Used For Demo Playback

If you are using a .ttf font file, make sure you are importing the font file directly from the font folder on your system.

I hope this helps.

trustella
05-21-2002, 11:53 AM
I am importing .ttf font files only, and I imported directly from the system folder on my computer (WinNT). The fonts show correctly on my system, but when I test on a different system, they do not.

Do I need to burn the CD in order to test the font embedding? The way I'm testing it right now is by creating a directory for the distribution wizard to build the CD browser into, then copying that directory to my test systems. Should the font embedding work in this case?

KimberlyH
05-21-2002, 03:24 PM
Yes, the fonts should work with a test build of your demo and by copying the files over to another system.

Do you have the font files embedded or Imported by Reference? If they are Imported by Reference, try embedding them (reimport making sure the Import by Reference checkbox is not selected) and then retesting the demo.

If this does not help, I may need for you to send a sample of the demo so I can see how it is set up.

All the best,

trustella
05-21-2002, 08:24 PM
Thank you for your responses. I did not import them by reference, but the "Load in Windows Directory" option was checked. So I unchecked this box for all the fonts I embedded and it worked! I'm not sure how the option got checked, but I'm happy that my browser works. Thanks!