PDA

View Full Version : Play .wav after video completes?

qwik93awd
05-20-2002, 05:08 PM
Say I use a quick button to play an .avi video. When that video completes or 2 seconds after that video completes how can I run a .wav file?

It seems if I add it as an action they both try to play at once.

Thanks,
Ron

KimberlyH
05-21-2002, 09:57 AM
To play a sound file after a video file has played and closed, you will need to have the Wait for AVI to Play option selected within the Play Video action.

What this will do is pause the demo while the video is playing. When the video finishes and closes the next action assigned will be triggered.

One thing to keep in mind is, when the Wait for AVI to Play option is selected, the user will not be able to access anything from the demo. Therefore, if you have Pause, Resume or Stop buttons, they will not be accessible.

If you do want the user to be able to Pause, Resume or Stop the video during playback, you can then use a Streaming Media Object to play the video resource. With the Streaming Media Object, there are Before and After actions which can be assigned. The Before actions will occur right before the video starts and the After actions will occur when the video has finished and closed.

If you want to start a Streaming Media Object via a button click a Set Streaming Media State action to Play will need to be used. For more information on how to set this up, please refer to Knowledge Base article:

Q105697 - HOWTO: Starting a Streaming Media Object Via a Button Click

All the best,

qwik93awd
05-21-2002, 02:36 PM
That works just like yous said it would. But, know that I see what it does I can be a little more specific in what I am trying to do.

1) click quick button
2) Play avi video
3) return to demo scene
4) Play wav file

Thanks for any help.

Ron

KimberlyH
05-21-2002, 03:29 PM
When you click on a button to play a video file, DemoShield does not go to another scene unless specified otherwise. Therefore, if you want to use a Button with a Play Video action, all you would need to do is assign a Play Video action with the Wait for AVI to Play option selected. Then assign a Play Sound action after the Play Video action.

If you are using the Streaming Media Object, simply specify the path to the video file to be played. Then, assign a Play Sound action under the After actions under the Actions tab.

I hope this helps.