PDA

View Full Version : Capturing Images vs. App. Cam

jcunning
05-20-2002, 01:57 PM
I am attempting to create a tutorial for students trying to use their college e-mail. I know this is basic stuff, but many new students do not understand the college e-mail.

Anyway, there appears to be two ways. I've got both ways to work 1/2 way, but then get too frustrated. Maybe someone can help me.

My goal is to either have the cursor move on its own or have the student move the cursor to where is asked in order to move to the next scene.

When I do the App. Cam (which took me forever to master), the timing is all off and I can't figure out how to edit it. The mouse is moving way to fast. I did the SoftPhrase, but could not get the the AutoSync to work. So I gave up.

Then I see the Capturing Images. But it keeps capturing the images of all windows, and it doesn matter which capture type I pick.

Can anyone make any suggestions for me? Again, I just want to show them how to open the application, and point and click what they should be doing once they are in the application.

Thank you in advanced.

qwik93awd
05-20-2002, 05:03 PM
When using the DemoShield capture image utility, a little "Capture image" box should come up. use the drop down arrow to select what screen you want to capture. 95% of the time I use the "Window under cursor" option so I can select the window I want to capture.

For tutorial stuff I use Camtasia a lot. It is a software cam. You can get a free 30-day eval version of it at http://www.camtasia.com

I think it comes on the DS7 CD too.

Hope that helps,
Ron