PDA

View Full Version : AVI Background Color

wudtwu
05-18-2002, 12:45 PM
I prepared an AVI file, using Camtasia Recorder, of a slide with cursor movements. The background color of the slide is blue, and it plays fine on the computer where I prepared the demo.
I then prepared a CD and ran the demo on my laptop, after installing the decompression software, tscc.exe. All the scene background color is as I have it, but the avi play back has a green background instead of a blue background. Do you know what is causing this problem.

Thanks.

D. T. Wu

wudtwu
05-18-2002, 11:13 PM
I played the avi file on the laptop computer using Real Player, and the background color is ok, i.e. blue. There must be something wrong with the avi player for DS.
I am using DS Ver. 7.0

D. T. Wu

KimberlyH
05-20-2002, 10:14 AM
DemoShield does not have an internal video player. Instead DemoShield uses the video playback controls on the user's system. These controls are similar to the video controls that Windows Media Player uses. I would recommend testing the video playback using Windows Media Player to see if you run into the same difficulties.

Another option would be to use the Streaming Media Object to playback the video. With the Streaming Media Object you can specify streaming the video file through Windows Media Player or Real Player.

For more information on the Streaming Media Object, please refer to the following Knowledge Base articles:

Q105114 - INFO: Streaming Media Object

Q105285 - FAQ: How Does DemoShield Stream Windows Media Files and What are the Media Formats That Can Be Streamed?

Q105697 - HOWTO: Starting a Streaming Media Object Via a Button Click

I hope this helps.

wudtwu
05-20-2002, 11:21 AM
1. I played the avi file with the Media Player, and the background color is correct, i.e. blue not green when I used demo32.exe. Do you know what is causing the problem.

2. I tried the Streaming Video Object and it works, but I have the following problems and questions:
a. What is the difference between Streaming Video and Quick Video?
b. I can not create VCR buttons to allow, previous, next, pause, resume and replay. I did set the State of Streaming Media, and the object is always the Scene Object, but not the avi object. Can you help me.
c. One of my previous problem in another posting was placing text caption. It appears one can indeed place caption using Streaming Media but not with Qucik Video. Is this correct?

Thank you very much for all of your help to date. This support group is very helpful.

D. T. Wu

KimberlyH
05-20-2002, 12:19 PM
I am not sure why the video is appearing with a green background instead of a blue background when the video is played through DemoShield. If you could provide a copy of the video file I would be happy to test this further. Also, what operating system are you testing this on?

As for the Streaming Media and Quick Video Objects:

The Streaming Media Object allows you to stream a video or audio file from an external resource. Therefore, the resource does not need to be imported into the demo. With the Streaming Media Object you can specify the media player to playback the resource.

The Quick Video Object requires the resource to be imported as a resource to the demo. This Object will perform a Play Video action using the video controls on the user's system.

If you would like to use the Streaming Media Object and use buttons to Pause, Resume, Stop and Play the video, you can do so by assigning a Set Video State action. The following Knowledge Base articles will walk you through doing this:

Q105697 - HOWTO: Starting a Streaming Media Object Via a Button Click

If you are interested in doing this, you would need to create a separate set of buttons for each streaming media object in the scene.

Unfortunately, even with the Streaming Media Object you will not be able to place objects on top of the video playback. If you would like to add a caption to your video playback, I would recommend using a third party video editing tool to do this.

I hope this helps.

wudtwu
05-21-2002, 12:00 AM
I have found the problem. I built the demo on a computer with display color setting of High Color(16bit), and the laptop compupter display color setting was 256 color. By resetting the laptop computer display color setting to High 16 bit, the background shows up correctly.

Thanks for your help and suggestions.

D. T. Wu