PDA

View Full Version : more message data in COM

hlogmans
05-16-2002, 04:28 AM
Hi all,

I have implemented the Update Service Agent in my Delphi app. But because I need a dutch interface, I wanted to integrate the update service in the program itself.

If I query the messages for the product, only the message type and subject line are available. It would be very usefull if I could acces the short text, the html-page reference or a number uniquely identifying the message.

Can this be done or should I use the message subject to add a unique number (like Q004516) and not use the update service website.

Any comments?

Chris Woerner
05-16-2002, 10:08 AM
The Update Service is currently an English only service. If you want to create a Dutch interface, your best bet is to use the following functions:

AutoUpdate()
GetMessages()

You can call AutoUpdate() to find out if any messages are available. If so, you can launch AutoUpdate() with the bSilent parameter to True. In that mode, the Update Service displays no UI. It will return events back to your application. You can monitor those events to display a download status or any other UI.

While everything can be done using AutoUpdate(), AutoUpdate() provides no information about the update. It only says if an update is available (or not). If you want to provide the user with a title of the message, you can call GetMessages(). It will return the title and message type. Currently, we don't provide a way to get more information on the message (other than Title and Type).