PDA

View Full Version : Global Variables not working or Wav

Adeptra
05-14-2002, 02:54 PM
I have tried everything but demoshield appears to have a play bug. I want to select playing any 1 of 10 different files in a scene by using a list box and setting a variable. If i make the selection once it works, but if i go back to the scene to make another selection it doesn't work.

example 2 files in list box 200.wav and 201.wav I want to be able to go back to a scene and select either and have it play in another scene.

Seems to me that if the condition builder really did do a good job of If() then this would work, but you cant really do nested IF.

Any ideas, I know it is a bug since I can get it to work by stoping the app and restarting it and selecting a different option. although I am not sure if it is the Global var or the play function.

Any ideas? / fixes?

KimberlyH
05-14-2002, 03:52 PM
To help me understand this issue further I will need some additional information.

What actions do you have assigned to the options within the List Box object?

What conditions do you have assigned to the Event Object?

What actions do you have assigned to the Event - both True and False?

How is the Event Object getting triggered?

Do you want the sound file to play in another scene? If so, how are you triggering this sound file to play?

Do you have the Stop Sound At Scene Transition option unselected within the Demo Properties?

Would it be possible for you to send your demo file (.dbd) so I can see how you have it set up and test it further?

I look forward to hearing from you.