PDA

View Full Version : Integrity Issues

nts_developer
05-14-2002, 10:03 AM
Greetings. I'm having problems saving my DemoShield presentation. It gives me an error about the integrity of the DemoShield and some of the objects are null (does that sound right?). I've checked the Integrity a hundred times, and I still don't show anything being wrong. I've had to leave my computer on and running with DemoShield open for countless number of days, since I can't just lose my progress. Please help, this is of the utmost urgency. Thank you in advance.

KimberlyH
05-14-2002, 10:16 AM
What version of DemoShield are you using?

In DemoShield version 6.70 there was a critical issue found which caused some elements of the demo file to become corrupt. Therefore, upon attempting to save the demo file, a null error message would occur. Upon closing the demo file it would sometimes become corrupt and unusable. If you have not yet saved your demo file, I would recommend attempting to perform a Save As and save under a different filename under a different directory.

If this does not work, try opening the autosave or backup of the demo to see if you can save one of these files.

To correct this issue you will need to download and install the maintenance release for DemoShield 6.70 to update it to 6.71.

Once you have installed the maintenance release, open your demo file in the updated Designer and perform another Save As to ensure the file is updated to the 6.71 version.

I hope this helps.

nts_developer
05-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Kimberly, I appreciate the timely response. I was wondering if there was any way I could find a way to save this before I perform that update. I've been working on this for WAAAAY too long to throw my progress out the window, if you know what I mean. I'll lose around four days of work if I don't find a way to save this now. Thanks again for the timely response.

nts_developer
05-14-2002, 10:31 AM
Kimberly, I'm currently downloading the update. I also found that I hadn't taken out all the Integrity issues, so I'm now able to save. Thanks so much for your help.