PDA

View Full Version : changing default scene order

trustella
05-14-2002, 12:07 AM
I have a very simple problem which should have a simple answer...

I made a demo that allows the user the advance through the scenes using the Spacebar. I had set the shortcut key through the demo properties.

After the demo was completed, I added a preface scene to go at the beginning. I set this scene to be the initial scene in the demo properties, and I moved the scene to the top of the Demo Explorer scene list.

Now when I try to advance using the Spacebar, the first scene skips several screens and goes to the next scene where I first added the preface screen. It seems like the order of the scenes is screwed up.

How do I reset the order of my scenes so the shortcut key works properly?

My initial scene order:
A
B
C
D

I add scene E:
A
B
C
E
D

Then I moved the scene to the front:
E
A
B
C
D

When I use the shortcut key to advance, the order is:
E
D
<end>

KimberlyH
05-14-2002, 09:27 AM
Is this the order in which the scenes appear in the Demo Explorer view when you first open the demo in the DemoShield Designer?

Did you drag and drop the scene into the order in which you want them to appear or right-click and select Move Up/Down?

Did you move the scene order within the Demo Explorer view or the Scene Preview?

What sort order do you have selected under the Scene Properties?

I look forward to hearing from you.

trustella
05-14-2002, 11:06 AM
Hi Kim,
Thanks for replying so quickly! The way I changed the order of the scenes was by dragging and dropping the scene in the Demo Explorer. Then when I closed and opened the demo, the scene order didn't change and reverted back to the incorrect order.

I just tried dragging and dropping the scene in Scene Preview, and it worked! Can you not change scene order in the Demo Explorer by dragging and dropping? Because it wasn't working when I tried it that way.

Thanks so much for your help! ---stella

KimberlyH
05-14-2002, 01:43 PM
The problem may be coming from the sort order that is selected for your Designer. Make sure the sort option is set to Sort by Layer. You can check this by selecting the Sort by Layer option either from the alignment toolbar or the Objects menu | Sort option.

I hope this helps.