PDA

View Full Version : Bookmarking A Page

wudtwu
05-13-2002, 10:24 AM
I am developing a Tutorial with 300+ slides. I would like to have a button on each scene that will allow a user to book mark the page he is viewing. Only one bookmark for the whole tutorial. So, the next time the user starts the demo, it goes to that page.
I plan to number the slides, so I would satisfied if a number = slide number is entered to bookmark the page.

Look forward to hearing your comments.

D.T. Wu

Shawna
05-13-2002, 10:45 AM
D. T. Wu,

You can do this using a Global Variable. Each Scene will have a button to bookmark the page. The button will then set a global variable to the number of the Scene. In the Demo | Properties menu, make sure the Permanently Save Variables is checked. This way, the demo will write an ini file with the global variable number so that when the user opens the demo again, it will have the global variable avialable.

To check for the number, you will need to set up a series of Event Objects at the beginning of your demo. These Event Objects will check the global variable and then perform a Go to Scene Action based on the number. You will need one Event Object for each Scene.

Because you have so many Scenes, I would suggest setting up a couple of dummy Scenes at the beginning of your demo. The first Scene would check if the global varible is less than 150. If less than 150, it would go to dummy Scene 2. If greater or equal to 150, it would go to dummy Scene 3. Dummy Scenese 2 and 3 would further break down the numbers, until you got the exact variable number and then you would perform a Go To Scene Action to go to that Scene.

You could also have all of the Event Objects on one Scene, however there is a limit of 300 objects per Scene, so you may have to use 2 Scenes to check all of the numbers.