PDA

View Full Version : language dialog box

danman
05-11-2002, 04:54 PM
Is there any way I can change the icon used in the 'Choose Demonstration Language' box? Currently it shows the DemoShield 'play button' and that unfortunately ruins the consistency with graphics.

While we are on the subject, is there a way to change that same icon in the taskbar?

Thanks,
-dan-

KimberlyH
05-13-2002, 10:12 AM
The DemoShield icon cannot be changed within the Language Selection Dialog as well as within the taskbar. The only icon that can be changed is the one that appears when the cd is placed in the CD-Rom. This can be changed by editing the autorun.inf file to say: icon= and then specifying the ico file to appear. You will not be able to see the changes to this file until the contents are burned to a CD and placed in the CD-Rom.

All the best,

danman
05-13-2002, 10:30 AM
Hi KimberlyH,

Thanks for your prompt reply.

I must say that I am extremely dissapointed that there isn't an option to 'hide' the icon or change anything in the dialog box. Yet, you give us the freedom to change the splash screen to our own .bmp? It really hurts the consistency of our corporate image.

Also, we can't change the word 'demonstration'?! Our customers just paid big bucks for our CD and the first word they see is 'demonstration'?

I have read on the user groups that I can change the icons as long as I mention somewhere that we used your program.

Can you confirm this?

Thanks,
-dan-

KimberlyH
05-13-2002, 11:15 AM
Unfortunately, the information you have heard about changing the icons within the product is incorrect. Changing the icons that are associated with the product would be in violation of the licensing agreement.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.