PDA

View Full Version : Slow display

chrislynn5
05-10-2002, 01:30 PM
I have an exisitng demo that I have in 6.X that now, after burning to CD-ROM, when I run it is choppy. The mouse movement is choppy over the buttons. It never has done this before and I have made no changes.

This same demo I've burned before, on another burner, and was fine. First I thought it was the CD-ROM media used so I've tried three mfg.'s. Then the speed, so I slowed down to 8 kbs. Then my machine, so I played it on another box. All yeilding the same results.

When I run the demo within DemoShield it runs fine. But if I select the .exe file from the hard drive it can produce the 'choppy-ness'??????:confused:

KimberlyH
05-13-2002, 10:09 AM
To help me understand this issue further I will need some additional information.

You mention that you are using DemoShield 6.x - is that 6.0x, 6.5x or 6.7x?

What operating systems are you testing the distribution on?

Are you creating a full screen demo or a windowed demo?

What distribution build are you creating?

Would it be possible for you to send a copy of the demo so I can test this on a system here?

Are you using True Color graphics in your demo?

I look forward to hearing from you.

chrislynn5
05-13-2002, 11:04 AM
You mention that you are using DemoShield 6.x - is that 6.0x, 6.5x or 6.7x?
VERSION 6.71

What operating systems are you testing the distribution on?
WINDOWS 2000, SP2

Are you creating a full screen demo or a windowed demo?
WINDOWED

What distribution build are you creating?
CD-ROM

Would it be possible for you to send a copy of the demo so I can test this on a system here?
I'LL TRY TO ATTACH, WHAT FILES DO YOU NEED? I ZIPPED .DBG, DSJ MIGHT BE TOO BIG AT 2.8MB

Are you using True Color graphics in your demo?
SHOULD BE TRUE COLOR

KimberlyH
05-13-2002, 11:12 AM
I would only need the .dbd file for your demo to test this further. If the file is too large to post to this community, you can upload it to our ftp server at:

ftp://ftp.installshield.com/incoming

Username: anonymous
Password: your email address

Once you have uploaded the file, please post a message letting me know the file is available and the filename.

I look forward to hearing from you.

chrislynn5
05-13-2002, 11:22 AM
attached the zipped files via posting, tell me if they showed up.

KimberlyH
05-13-2002, 11:23 AM
It does not appear that the attachment came through. If the file size is larger than 2 megs, you will need to either upload it to our ftp server or to a server on your side.

I hope this helps.