PDA

View Full Version : Resource Manager and Launch Associated Application

Andrew Clark
05-06-2002, 11:11 AM
When using the Launch Associated Application, how can I include the file in this action that has already been imported as a resource. I do not want to key in the path (there is no browse button). I have already imported the file (a PDF) by means of the Resource Manager in order to Send to Print, and now I want to include a separate action to allow the user to just view the PDF.
Regards
Andrew

KimberlyH
05-07-2002, 10:28 AM
When setting up a Launch Associated Application action you will need to specify a path to the file being launched. If the file is embedded in the Resource Manager, you can specify a path similar to the following:

<temp>filename.pdf<temp>

If the resource is Imported by Reference, the path should look something like this:

<path>filename.pdf<path>

The Tokens (< >) being used on either end of the filename tell DemoShield where to go to find the resource. Any resources that are embedded in the demo will get loaded to the Temp directory upon launch of the demo. Any resource that is Imported by Reference will reside in the same directory as the DemoShield Player (demo32.exe)

I hope this helps.