PDA

View Full Version : Demos not loading in IE6

jbrown
05-06-2002, 09:45 AM
My client is running demos on the internet with Demoshield 7.0. Everyone with IE 5 can easily access them, those with IE6 get the demoshield intro screen and then the page locks up. You must then exit out of IE to reqain control of your browser. Any ideas why this is happening? Does Demoshield support IE 6? Is there a setting which can be adjusted?

KimberlyH
05-07-2002, 10:26 AM
Would it be possible to send me the link to the DemoNow presentation so I can test it through IE 6?

How large is the demo presenation?

Are you using DemoShield 7.0 or 7.01?

I look forward to hearing from you.

jbrown
05-07-2002, 10:49 AM
Thank you for your quick response.

My client is using version 6.71.

Previously, I could view only one of the 2, the Travel, but not the Time demo. Today, though, I can (isnt that always the way?).

But their internal people with IE6 can view neither. The browser just hangs.

Travel: http://www.web-tea.com/Demo/travel/traveldemo.htm
Time: http://webtea.tmac.com/Demo/time/timedemo.htm

This inconsistency makes me wonder if its a server issue and not demoshield.

But your input is still appreciated. Thank you.
-j

KimberlyH
05-09-2002, 09:39 AM
I tested the two links you have provided and was able to get both presenations to run on a Win XP operating system with IE 6.0.

The performance of the DemoX presenation does rely on the content of the demo. Therefore, if the demo is very resource heavy it may take time to download the necessary files for each scene. When the presenation is first accessed the necessary files to start the presenation are downloaded to the user's Temp directory. Upon selecting to go to another scene, additional resource files will be downloaded.

Some suggestions to look into to reduce the amount of time required to download are the following:

Make sure you are using graphics that are 256 colors are lower.

If you have any video or sound files in the demo, you may want to consider streaming these (using the Streaming Media Object) instead of embedding them in the demo file.

I hope this helps. Please let me know if you continue to experience difficulties.