PDA

View Full Version : How to "Set Variable" in Demoshield 7?

TylerC
05-02-2002, 06:20 PM
I am trying to increment a variable outside of the scene time and then read it to perform an action when the scene is viewed again.

In the DS6 class book on page 178, there was a "Set Variable" action described. Using DS7, when trying to set a variable from inside an event using the Action Wizard, I don't see the "Set Variable" available in the list.

Anybody have any suggestions? I am new to setting and reading variables so please be detailed.

Ty

Shawna
05-02-2002, 06:38 PM
Ty,

The Set Variable Action was renamed to Perform Calculation in DemoShield 7.0 so that's why you can't find it. We added some functionality to it, such as addition, subtraction, multiplication and division as well as reading and writing to Edit Fields.

Ok, to get to what you want. I have attached a sample demo that will increment a global variable when you press a button.

At the beginning of the Scene there is an Event Object that checks the value of the global variable and shows different Text Objects based on the result.

I hope that this is near what you are looking for. Please let me know if you need further assistance.