PDA

View Full Version : Extracting COM data error

jakedog
05-02-2002, 02:22 PM
Any idea why I should be getting the following warnings when doing a build?

Extracting COM data from 8 file(s)
** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSJet40.dll in feature Always Install. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.
** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSRD2x40.dll in feature Always Install. Please ensure that the file is self-registering and verify that the self-registration process does not fail.
** Warning -4354: The build was unable to extract COM information from the file C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSRD3x40.dll in feature Always Install.

It does not SEEM to affect installation or operation of the installed software.

Thanks

Mike

johnhind
05-03-2002, 08:57 AM
They look like mdac files to me. The VB project scanner has probably picked them up by mistake. I would suggest removing them from the setup and include the mdac merge module.

Take a copy of the .ism file first !

John

Letford
05-16-2002, 08:37 PM
Click on the file properties and there is a choice of whether it is self registering or extract com. Looks like they have probably been selected to Extract Com information and they should be self registering.

Good luck