PDA

View Full Version : Launch Demo (version 6.7)

liat faragi
05-02-2002, 09:37 AM
Hi,

I would like to consult with you regarding a problem we encountered while working with DemoShield (version 6.7):

I have created two projects: one in a full screen size and another in a smaller size.

I created command buttons that connect between the two screens (button was defined by an action called "launch demo").

I created an exe file (Single Executable) and moved it to a different computer.
When I played the demo and pressed the connecting button I received a system message looking for a file *.DBD.

How can I create an exe that can be transferred between computers and media and avoid such problems? Can we create an exe that will find the required files automatically?

Your help will be most appreciated,

Regards,

Liat
:)

KimberlyH
05-02-2002, 10:33 AM
It sounds as though the secondary demo is not getting included when building your main demo as a single exe file. To ensure the secondary demo gets included with the single exe build, I would recommend doing the following:

First, Import the secondary .dbd file by Reference into the Video tab of the Resource Manager.

Note: You will need to Import the .dbd file by Reference so it does not get embedded in the main demo file, but instead just gets included as a resource to the main demo. The resource will be included in the same directory as the DemoShield Player. Also, you will need to Import the file by Reference into the Video tab because this tab will allow you to import any file type.

Once the file has been imported, go to the button that the user must click on to launch the secondary demo.

Edit the Launch Demo action so the path looks something like this:

<path>filename.dbd<path>

The Path Token (<path>) tells DemoShield to go to the location where the DemoShield Player is running from.

Once you have edited the path, save the demo and rebuild the distribution.

I hope this helps.