PDA

View Full Version : application crashes

nazaninw
05-01-2002, 11:10 AM
I have a demo built and when i try to make edits to it, as i start to scroll down the slides the program keeps crashing. there are about 28 slides, and i can edit the first 5 or so then it starts crashing.

KimberlyH
05-02-2002, 11:28 AM
To help me understand this issue further I will need some additional information.

What version of DemoShield are you working in?

Do you have the latest maintenance release for the version of DemoShield you are using?

What operating system are you working on?

Would it be possible for you to send a copy of the demo file (*.dbd) so I can take a look at it? If the file is under 2 megs, you can zip it up and attach it to this community. If the file is over 2 megs, you can upload it to our ftp server at:

ftp://ftp.installshield.com/incoming

Username: anonymous
Password: your email address

What type of resources have you imported into the demo (ie: .wav, .mp3, .avi, .gif....)?

I look forward to hearing from you.

nazaninw
05-02-2002, 12:19 PM
we are running 6.7.1 with the latest updates installed, on windows 98, 512ram, 2.5G hard drive. the demo is 2.3mb large, however, do to company policy we cannot send you the file, however, we have a number of animated gif files imported by resource, everything is in the same folder as the demo file.

we have .wav and .avi and animated .gif files imported into the demo, the whole demo is about 25 scenes.

we are also using navigation buttons available in demoshield

thanks,
Nazanin

KimberlyH
05-03-2002, 07:45 AM
It sounds as though one or more of the GIF images may have become corrupt. I have seen this happen occasionally where a GIF image will become corrupt. Then whe you attempt to edit one of the scenes that is using that GIF image, the Designer will crash.

Try Removing all of the Images from your demo and then reimporting them from the original image file.

Then save your demo and try editing again.

I hope this helps.

nazaninw
05-03-2002, 07:46 AM
thanks, we'll give it a try