PDA

View Full Version : FoxPro forum?

Randy Bosma
04-30-2002, 08:22 AM
I'm suprised that there is not an InstallShield eXpress VFP LimitedEdition forum. Would you consider starting one?

sarekofvulcan
08-06-2002, 09:55 PM
Just a reply to remind the moderators that this post was never replied to...

Stefan Krueger
08-07-2002, 01:14 AM
Why not post in the Express - General forum? ust mention in your post that you're using the limited edition that's included with VFP.

sarekofvulcan
08-07-2002, 01:55 AM
Yes, that seems to be what everyone has been doing. I'm not even sure there's enough traffic to warrant a separate forum, but since it ships with the product, it would be easier to tell where we were going if there was a designated area. From there we could split off to the other fora as needed, if the question belongs somewhere else...

AdminJH
08-07-2002, 08:54 AM
Right now, it is a bandwidth issue with regard to opening up another forum and assigning a moderator, but Stefan's suggestion is accurate and I am certain that if you post in the Express General forum and identify the specific version you are using you will receive appropriate responses.

Let me know via Private Message if you run into a dead end.

Thanks...JH

Randy Bosma
08-08-2002, 08:06 AM
I still would recommend that a new forum be established because:
* The version of InstallShield Express that ships with Visual FoxPro has several features that are disabled.
* I've posted to the general forum and received advice (from a moderator!) that said to check or set something that was not visible to me, even though I had clearly stated that I was using ISX Visual FoxPro *Limited*Edition*.
* In my humble opinion, I don't think another forum would increase your bandwidth - it would just divert some traffic from the general area to an area where the users and moderator would be inherently aware of the abilities and limitations of the product they are supporting.

Thanks for considering this.

AdminJH
08-08-2002, 08:17 AM
Randy: I've forwarded this thread into Product Support to try and get some support for an Express - VFP Edition forum.

Thanks...JH